Reiki at Clinical Healing
What is Usui Reiki?Usui Reiki is a very powerful form of energy healing. It is an ancient form of healing originating in Tibet and rediscovered by Dr Mikao, a Japanese scholar and Theology teacher. ‘Rei’ means universal and ‘ki’ mean life energy. The healing process is powerful yet gentle, healing on all levels, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where does Reiki energy come from?Reiki energy comes from the universal healing energy around everyone. When doing a Reiki treatment this energy is accessed and channeled to the client
Reiki can benefit people of all ages, from the very young to the very mature, helping with mental, emotional as well as physical issues. Reiki can also benefit people who have no specific issues, but who wish to achieve a calmer, more relaxed approach to life, or who wish to make changes to their lifestyle, such as giving up smoking, alcohol or increasing one’s exercise.
Who can benefit from Reiki?
Reiki is completely safe and can be used by all, including new born babies and pregnant mothers, surgical patients, the frail and the elderly.
How safe is Reiki?
As a complementary therapy, Reiki works very well alongside .orthadox healthcare. Reiki is currently being used throughout the country in GP surgeries, hospitals, hospices, cancer support groups, in the care of the elderly and in prisons as well as in private practice
How can Reiki help?
All healing, without exception, is self-healing – Janet F QuinnIn other words, healing comes from within and not from external sources. Reiki simply helps to create the conditions necessary for self-healing to occur by helping us to relax to a state whereby the body is able to heal. In other words, the more relaxed one is, the more energy the body has to work on itself.
Although Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It is simply a tool that works with whatever religious path you have chosen for your life - and equally well, if you do not follow traditional religious beliefs.
Is Reiki a religion?
What to expect from a professional Reiki treatment?
- During a treatment, the Reiki practitioner places her hands on the client - and simply lets the Reiki energy flow. (It is generally assumed that the energy is not given by the practitioner, but rather drawn by the recipient.)
- Lying comfortably on a therapy couch, the client remains fully clothed during the treatment apart from removing shoes.
- Reiki is offered through gentle, non-invasive touch, if preferred, the treatment can remain "hands - off" with the practitioner holding their hands about 10 cm above the client's body.
- The energy will flow wherever needed and can significantly aid the body's innate healing abilities.
- In some cases, symptoms can increase for a short period when healing starts. (This is known as a "healing crisis")
- A Reiki treatment course is an effective option to help boost the body's own natural energy system benefiting both the endocrine system and our vital physical organs.
- it is effective in relaxing the client both physically and emotionally, generating a sense of wellbeing.
What does a Reiki Treatment feel like?
- What is experienced during a Reiki treatment varies from person to person. However, feelings of deep relaxation are usually felt by all.
- In addition, many feel a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through them and surrounds them. As the Reiki energy encourages one to let go of tension, anxiety, fear or other negative feelings and a state of peace and well being is often experienced.
- Some clients drift off to a meditative state of awareness, reporting vision of images or colours, or embarking on an inner voyage.
- I n some cases, clients experience the release of suppressed emotions or problems, or the loss of importance previously attached to old memories. Discussing these with the practitioner often leads to an awareness of the underlying causes of a physical, mental, or emotional problem.
- The practioner can also "scan" the body for energy blockages or imbalances and release or balance them.
- A treatment normally lasts around 50 min to 1hour.